Monday, June 17, 2013

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM BROADENS OBJECTIVITY – DAPO IPOOLA



DAPO IPOOLA, AN INDIGENE OF EKITI STATE is a young and talented political analyst. He loves discussing politics alot. He shares his view on the state of the Nigeria's polity and the APC Merger.
.
YOU ARE A POLITICAL ANALYST WITH A DIFFERENCE. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR ANALYSIS COMPARED TO OTHER ANALYST?

It is incontestable that I am an analyst spiced with a difference. The difference in my analysis is that I don’t hold a brief for anyone. I don’t give a gift of gab for anybody irrespective of their social status. I don’t analyse on the mantra of my political relativity. I don’t analyse on sympathetic or apologetic state to emotion. I always base my analysis on constructive and engaging issues; because it is in this that we can explore and define ideas. I believe in constructive criticism because it broadens objectivity.

I will not peregrinate any analysis that is objective vacuous or vacant. Analysis on sentiment or bias is to me an act of shenanigan. There was an analysis I made about Hon. Aminu Bello Tambuwal on one of our local radios; the analysis was roundly infallible that many callers could not fathom that I am a progressive minded analyst. I always have a faculty in recognizing the truth without being economical. It is in one of my analysis that I unflinchingly commended the hunky dory performances of Governors Rotimi Amaechi, Emmanuel Uduaghan and Rochas Okorocha. And yet, these governors belong to another political party that I so much have an unquenchable acataleptic animosity for. One of the differences in my analysis is that I always call a spade a spade and I don’t give a hoot of whose ox will be red. My analyses are always clinical and pure compared to some analysts who are always sycophantic and adulatory in analysis. I love to cement and foundate my analysis on every issue with objectivity. I have a puritanical dislike for analysis occasioned with high-falutin encomium. It is not in my character of analysis to be parochial and myopic when some indubitable staggering facts are begging for clinical dissection. With my uncompromising style of analysis, I think I really stand tall among our today’s feckless analysts.

WHAT IS YOUR STAKE IN THE POLITY OF THE NATION?

With sincere honesty, the state of the nation is so incongruous. Things are in a state of turpsy-scurvy. The affairs of governance are so cacophonous that things and the henchmen in the saddle are in blatant scrimmage.  I can’t really cry wolf because the administration now at the federal level is torpidity and tepidity typified. The present administration now is so clueless about the myriad of problems plaguing Nigerians. The floods of problems we have now are traceable to our ideas bereft leaders. They are not creative in thinking and neither are they productive in innovation. Security is so porous that the president himself is denuding in every sense. Poverty is so pervasive that the poor cannot sleep and the rich too are awake because of the poor’s insomnia.
Unemployment is gaining an insurmountable rise as the flotsam and jetsam of our society are indecorously and ingloriously scheming vices that are undignifying. Power supply is so erratic and epileptic despite billions of dollars spent. Roads are so cratered that travelling on our roads now involves fervent fasting and prayers.

Corruption is now an endemic idol venerates in both public and private organizations. Corruptocracy and kleptocracy have become the second government of practice. Government officials are so gluttonous and avaricious that they pilfer with condemnable swagger of disdain.

Our judicial system is so penetrable that justice is now elusive if you are not financially buoyant to secure it in both crook and hook means. Our politicians are fastidiously sitting tight in the laps of byzantine luxury. Our leaders feigningly turn bland expression to our agonies. Our hospitals have become mere consulting clinics due to lack of incentives for health workers. Our ivy leagues are now glorified secondary schools due to lack of fund. And yet, our leaders are carousing with women of easy virtue and sending their wards abroad at the expense of our tertiary institution in total derelict and neglect. The crass and sophisticated ignorance of today’s men in power is so disgusting. The present health of our nation is now in sore strait as social maladies keeps festering and metastasizing. Our leaders are so insouciant that they lack any twinge of moral decency.

DO YOU THINK APC IS THE SOLUTION TO NIGERIA’S PROBLEM?

Circumventing the democratic and progressive credentials of the parties involved, one would never doubt their grasping prosperity. Is it the political genuses in the merger voyage that is not convincing to trade optimism?
I see the present party at the lever of power as a square peg in a round hole. I also see the people that constitute PDP as a bunch of disoriented charlatans without any modicum of administrative blue – print. Even the NGF election is a pointer that PDP as a party has over-stayed its welcome. The fuel subsidy brouhaha signaled PDP as a party that is not people oriented. The subsidy hullabaloo shows PDP as a party that is not masses friendly. It is very disheartening and heart-rending that we produce 2.5million barrels per day and the current price is $133 per barrel and daily sales is $282.5million and the monthly sales is $8.47billion where the yearly sales is $101.7billion which when converted to naira is #16.272trilion naira and our budget is #4trilion naira. Ask me, why must any considerate government tinker with such thing that only makes have a sense of belonging as an oil producing nation? If Obasanjo could govern Nigeria with the production of 700,000barrels/day, why must Jonathan fondle with the removal of fuel subsidy? Why is Jonathan feeding with one billion naira annually?  Can he eat a bag of rice at a goal? Is he so rapacious to scoff a cow at a goal? My brethren, what do you call that? A sheer avarice and inordinate greed, you are right.

To me, APC is the answer. And I would like to crave the indulgence of the parties involved to polarize and neutralize pecuniary interests.



RECENTLY, AN ARTICLE WAS ATTRIBUTED TO YOU ABOUT YOUR SUPPORT FOR FAYEMI’S SHOW-STOPPING PERFORMANCE HAS MADE ME TO SUBSCRIBE TO MAXISM THAT SAYS THAT “ONE GOOD TURN DESERVES ANOTHER”.

All that was centred in his eight point agenda encompasses the social needs of the haves and have-nots. Fayemi’s aggressive developments in Ekiti-State speak volume. The article detailed his genuine transmogrification of Ekiti-State from a reckless abandonment to an enviable height. His social security scheme is its first in Africa. It is under his holistic watch that Ekiti is now a construction site. His stellar performance in road network is something more than impressive. His managerial prowess is heartwarming. Before the advent of Fayemi’s administration, Ekiti IGR was a paltry sum of 109 million naira, but today Ekiti is generating over a billion naira monthly. His laptop initiative to each and every secondary student is laudable. His health and agriculture enhancement are praiseworthy. The article chronicled his prudency and thirst for justice which makes him to be the first governor to sign into the freedom of information bill and the payment of minimum wage.

The article gave the graphic and chronological detail of his unstinting and unflinching commitment to social contract that he signed with Ekiti people. So that was why I advised the over ambitious politicians in Ekiti to patiently wait for their time. I called these rebellious ones as a spanner in the wheel of development of Ekiti State. I see these ones as Judases of Ekiti. Irrespective of the age of their experience, they do not have anything in stock to offer Ekiti people. Even if the age of their political experience is as old as Methuselah, they are political neophytes compared to Fayemi’s eclectic exposure.

YOUR BEST FIVE NIGERIAN LEADERS AND WHY?

If I must be sincere, I will unmistakenly mention Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu because of his democratic doggedness. I must commend him for his tenacity and pertinacity in entrenching good governance. I doff my hat for him for daring the ferocious powers that be. Despite the political witch hunt and mudslinging he never pandered to the whim and caprices of intimidation.

I also adore Dr. Fayemi’s disposition to politics. I cherish his humane character, I love his leadership foresight. He is a leader who sees more than others see who sees farther than other and who sees before other do. I also like the puritanical and meticulous disposition of Gen. Buhari’s politics. He is so upright and transparent. He is the only former head of state that doesn’t have a house in Abuja. He is the only chairman of PTF that has no filling station. I love the political lifestyle of Ekiti State chief of staff, Chief Yemi Adaramodu, he is a politician of enviable scorecard. He is a politician that never gets inebriated of power despite the fact that he became a local government chairman at age twenty nine.

I am an admirer of Hon. Samuel Rotimi Ajidara’s politics, his kind of politics is humility and magnanimity typified. He always exemplify wisdom and rare understanding. His unquantifiable contributions when he held sway as member of the state house of assembly and ALGON chairman was impressive. And now as SSA to governor Fayemi on Local Government, his robust contributions are inexplicable and ineffable. Hon. Dino Melaye’s radical politics is what I so much marvel at, his crave for egalitarian society is immeasurable. He is a politician with rarity of courage and boldness.

1 comment:

  1. too much grammar bro. try to break your sentences down. you shouldn't assume the whole of your audience will be capable of assimilating your advanced vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete